60.6 F
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Rural Storden hog barn burns down

An accident started a fire on Monday afternoon that burned down an empty hog barn southeast of Storden that is owned by Damion Miller.

“It was a total loss,” said Storden Fire Chief Eric Olson. Crews arrived about 3:15 p.m. and spent hours making sure no flames were left burning. There were no injuries.

The barn site is located off 400th Avenue, a gravel road about a mile south of the County Road 13.

Olson said two younger men were washing with equipment on a trailer when the washer trailer started on fire and then spread to the barn before they could contain it.


For more details on this story, please see the Oct. 11 edition of the Citizen.

- Advertisment -