City officials meet with HyLife officials earlier today, according to Windom City Administrator Steve Nasby.
Nasby said the private meeting occurred this morning and that it was simply an opportunity to make sure everyone was on the same page, with regard to the HyLife pork processing plant in Windom. He added that he did not receive any significant information that hasn’t already been made public through media reports.
HyLife officials are saying that they will continue to operate the plant while they try to sell it. Earlier in the week, employees were given notice of the potential for job loss under the federal WARN Act.
The letter stated that workers could lose their jobs “in the next few months” if a buyer is not found. The letter says the job ending date would be between April 17 and May 1, or between May 19 and June 2. The plant employs roughly 1,000 workers.
Check the April 12 Cottonwood County Citizen and Citizen eEdition for more news related to the Windom HyLife plant.
Watch www.windomnews.com for regular weekday updates at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., plus BREAKING stories at other times. Follow CoCoCitizen @CitPub on Twitter.