- Due to the impending Winter storm system we are making the decision to close city offices and facilities on Wednesday. That includes River Bend Liquor, which is city-owned. City Administrator Steve Nasby also reports, depending on the outcome of the storm system, city facilities may open late on Thursday.
- Windom Area Schools have cancelled all after-school activities for today.
- Tuesday night’s BARC bingo event has been cancelled due to the upcoming weather forecast. The storm is expected to begin Tuesday and continue off and on through Thursday. Please watch for future dates to play bingo.
- The city of Windom has declared a snow emergency, effective at noon Wednesday until noon Thursday. No vehicles are to be parked on city streets. Vehicles parked on city streets may be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- The city of Mt. Lake has declared a snow emergency, effective from midnight tonight through Friday morning. Vehicles left on public roadways, streets or alleys may be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- The city of St. James has declared a snow emergency, effective at 1 a.m. Wednesday, though noon Friday. All vehicles need to be removed from city streets by 1 a.m. Wednesday, until the street has been plowed curb to curb. Vehicles parked on streets could be subject to a $125 parking citation and may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Cottonwood County governmental offices and Des Moines Valley Health and Human Services offices in Windom will be closed Wednesday.
For more weather updates, watch www.windomnews.com for regular weekday updates at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., plus BREAKING stories at other times. Follow CoCoCitizen @CitPub on Twitter.