Motorists traveling on Highway 60 between Highway 62 (6th Street) in Windom and County Highway 15 (470th Avenue) south of Windom can expect lane restrictions beginning Tuesday, Sept. 6 as crews install new striping and signage.
The project will include restriping the roadway to reduce Highway 60 from four lanes to two lanes in this area, extending the turn lanes near the Highway 71 intersection, and adding additional signage.
The work is expected to be complete by late-September, weather permitting.
Work zone reminders:
• Drive the speed limit. It helps create a consistent, more predictable traffic flow for everyone.
• Don’t drive distracted. Drivers need to be alert especially in work zones, which constantly change due to lane shifts, closures and moving workers and vehicles.
• Move over to give workers room to safely complete their work.
• Avoid unnecessary lane changes.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.
Watch www.windomnews.com for regular weekday updates at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., plus BREAKING stories at other times. Follow CoCoCitizen @CitPub on Twitter.