The honor processional for Marine Cpl. Eric-John Niss de Jesus will be held Thursday, after the body of the 2015 Mt. Lake Public High School graduate returns to Minnesota.
However, times for the processional have been updated.
Cpl. Niss de Jesus had been stationed at Okinawa, Japan, when he was killed when he was caught in a rip current during a swimming incident off the Japanese coast on June 5.
The updated schedule for Cpl. Niss de Jesus calls for his body to arrive at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport at 1:51 p.m. Thursday, with the Marines and Patriot Guard leaving the airport at roughly 2:30 p.m. and travel down Highway 169 and 60 to Mt. Lake.
The processional is scheduled to pass by:
* Eden Prairie, 2:40 p.m., Anderson Lakes Parkway: sidewalk on bridge
* Shakopee, 2:45 p.m., Marschall Road: pedestrian sidewalk at bridge; Shakopee Legion 2
* Jordan, 3 p.m., Second Street West/Highway 282: park on south side of the intersection
* Belle Plaine, 3:05 p.m., Veterans Memorial Park
* LeSueur, 3:15 p.m., Wolf Motors, across from Cambria. St. Peter Honor Guard will meet the processional.
* St. Peter, 3:30 p.m., Minnesota Avenue through town.
* Mankato, 3:35 p.m., Range Street across from Harley Davidson.
* Lake Crystal, 4 p.m., empty triangle lot between Collis “C” Store and Kevin’s Market.
* Madelia, 4:10 p.m. Camping World.
* St. James, 4:20 p.m. Special route through town.
* Butterfield, 4:25 p.m., in front of Caseys and NAM.
* Arrive in Mt. Lake, 4:30 p.m.
Well-wishers are asked to check with their local law enforcement or fire department for exact locations and parking locations.
Visitation for Cpl. Niss de Jesus will be Friday from 1-8 p.m., at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mt. Lake.
An honor ceremony and service will be held Saturday at 4:30 p.m., at the Mt. Lake Public School auditorium.