Beginning this week, motorists will see brief lane closures as Road Weather Information Systems stations are installed at six locations.
The six locations include:
• I-90 near Magnolia at Milepost 21.6
• I-90 90 near Welcome at MP 93.7
• I-90 90 near Wells at MP 138.7
• Highway 60 near Mt. Lake at MP 48.2
• Highway 14 near Springfield at MP 80.7
• Highway 30 near Mapleton at MP 146.8
No detours are planned, but some flagging operations may occur.
RWIS is an environmental sensor station in the field used to collect weather data such as atmospheric parameters, pavement conditions and visibility.
Watch www.windomnews.com for regular weekday updates at 8 a.m./noon/5 p.m., plus BREAKING stories at other times. Follow CoCoCitizen @CitPub on Twitter.