Friends and family of Lonny Vollan are holding a benefit in his honor May 22, from 4 to 9 p.m., at Phat Pheasant Pub in Windom.
The benefit, weather permitting, will be held outdoors.
There are a variety of ways to donate or take part in the benefit. For starters, raffle tickets for $20 each are on sale now for a Toro Time Cutter zero-turn mower as well as cash prizes totalling $4,000.
The event also will include:
• A live auction starting at 7:15 p.m.
• $1 raffle tickets for a drawing of donated items.
• A 50/50 raffle.
• A Corn Hole Board raffle (must be present to win).
• A live band will play from 5 to 9 p.m.
• A pulled pork meal for a suggested $10 donation.
• T-shirts are available to purchase or order the day of the event.
All proceeds from the event will go to the Vollan family as Lonny battles stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma (head, neck and throat).
For more on Lonny’s cancer battle, see the story on the Faith & Family page in the May 12 issue of the Cottonwood County Citizen on newsstands now.
Watch www.windomnews.com for regular weekday updates at 8 a.m./noon/5 p.m., plus BREAKING stories at other times during the day and on weekends. Follow CoCoCitizen@CitPub on Twitter.